The school break is supposed to be the time when you take it easy and just have fun with your kids, right? Not necessarily, because there are also plenty of productive things that you can do with your children during this break from school.
If you’re looking for ways to make the most of your school break, consider signing up your child or teen for an experience that makes use of their valuable time rather than wasting it in front of the television or computer screen this school break.
Advantages of Enrolling Your Child in Pottery Classes
Pottery classes are a great way to keep your child busy while simultaneously fostering their creativity and improving hand-eye coordination, among other benefits.
1) Promotes Fine Motor Skills – Pottery can help promote fine motor skills as kids learn to use their fingers to shape and mold clay into different shapes.
Potters use a number of tools including molds, rakes, sponges, brushes and rolling pins that allow them to add texture and imprints.
Working with hands is an activity that offers children independence as they explore their creativity while using instruments like a potter’s wheel or slab roller.
2) Encourages Creativity – Children who have an artistic inclination often find it difficult to express themselves fully through traditional means.
Enrolling your child in a pottery class can allow them to channel their creativity into something beautiful and functional.
In turn, they may be inspired to pursue more artistic hobbies, such as singing or painting.
If you want to support and encourage their natural talent, it might be time for you to take up a new hobby with them.
3) Offers Freedom – Enrolling your kids in pottery classes can be one way to help them find what they love while still fostering their natural abilities.
This sense of freedom is very attractive to young kids who are desperate for opportunities to express themselves freely.
4) Increases Social Skills- Pottery class is a great place for children to interact with their peers, giving them an opportunity to make friends and socialize.
This environment is also a good way for parents to bond with their kids, since they will be spending hours together at class.
With all that time spent working on creative projects, family members are likely to become closer than ever before.
How Children Will Learn Pottery Making from Pottery classes
- Children will begin by learning how to create various pieces using clay.
- During this course, students will have the opportunity to learn various pottery techniques and develop their own designs.
- With encouragement and support, each student can work at their own pace.
- Last but not the least, they will learn how to paint the pottery.
If you’re looking for a fun activity to do with family or friends, pottery classes at Abu Dhabi Pottery – the first-ever modern pottery studio in the UAE – might just be the thing. From painting bowls and plates to creating beautiful pottery pieces, these classes offer a unique and memorable experience that can be enjoyed by children above five. Enroll your kid for pottery classes now.